Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Fancy Friends Mini Quilt Swap

I love Elizabeth Hartman's animal patterns.  I made her Fancy Fox Quilt for a good friend of mine and even cut out some fabrics to make one for myself, so when a spot opened in the Fancy Friends Mini quilt swap I jumped right in.
One of the animals my partner said she liked was the fox, so I decided to shrink the pattern and make a bunch of mini foxes.  My first attempt above turned out a little wonky because I added the seam allowances in my math.  My second attempt below turned out perfect.

 Half size  ~  Wonky size.


 Then I decided to go even smaller. Don't you just love that tiny pink fox!

Working on a layout.  I ended up not using the four blue ones, they just didn't fit. 


Each fox got quilted in the ditch and 1/2 inch away.


In between the foxes I did some meandering swirls. 



It is the perfect size for a table topper.  It also makes a great bird bath cover.  ;)
These foxes made it all the way to Denmark!


This is the lovely I received in return! A very large Hazel Hedgehog.
She is fancy with her glasses and 3D butterflied!



Stay tuned for more Minis!


=^..^=

2 comments: