Thursday, September 22, 2016

Disney Mini Quilt Swap

 Next up in my mini swap calendar was the Disney Mini Quilt Swap.  For this one you told your partner some of your favorite Disney movies and they would take it from there.
My partner chose Beauty and the Beast.

I decided to do a Belle silhouette surrounded by roses.
I found this silhouette on the internet and increased it to the size I needed. 

 For the roses I used Rosie's Rose paper pieced pattern.
It took me about an hour to finish each rose, but it was well worth it!  I made 8 roses.


 I decided to go with a yellow silhouette to match Belle's dress in the movie.


And here she is all finished!  I love all those roses!
This one was hard to ship out, but it happily landed in its new home in Texas.  



This is the quilt I received. I picked Mary Poppins as one of my favorite Disney movies so my partner made this.  I like the idea, but I was disappointed that there was no quilting on it. I understand not everyone who plays along is at the same skill level as others, but I did expect a little quilting effort so I was a little dis heartened when they didn't even try to quilt it.
I also didn't know who it was from at first.  In this swap I didn't send to the same person who sent to me and there was no card in the box, no name on the quilt and the return address was not from anyone in the swap.  No one had even posted a photo of it on Instagram, which is mandatory for the swaps. After some investigating help from the swap mama, we finally found out who it was from and the person who made it had someone else mail it.



Stay tuned for more minis!

=^..^=

2 comments:

  1. Lovely roses. I can't believe how much time each one took!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you designed this mini?? You're very creative!! The roses are perfect. Do you have time to make something for yourself?

    ReplyDelete