Friday, November 18, 2011

Progress on a couple things


I put the last border on this top last night.  The pattern is Lithia Park by Bloom Creek and the fabric and pattern came in a kit from Connecting Threads. I received the kit as a Christmas Present two years ago from my Mom.  All the flower petals and leaves are English paper pieced and then appliqued on the background.   This top came together slowly but surely.  I did most of the handwork on Monday and Tuesday nights while I watched TV.  A couple weeks ago I hand stitched down the last flower center.  Since I had already cut out all the sashing and border pieces the rest of the top went together in no time.



I also worked on a new project - what can I say, there are so many fun patterns and fabrics to play with I want to make them all.  -  The fabric for this quilt was one of the Layer Cakes that Carrie so graciously sent out to all the ladies who had participated in one of the monthly the Le Petite projects.  It is Patisserie by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda.  I am using the Sun Kissed Jewel Box pattern from Moda Bake shop.



And this afternoon I started cutting out my white fabric for the Starry Eyed quilt I want to make.  When I get more of that cut out I will post a picture.  Now back to the cutting table.  :)




=^..^=

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is very beautiful! I love the pattern and your choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is gorgeous! I'd say it's worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete